Led By: Barry Laidlaw
Contact Phone: 352-787-1829
Community's Stephen Ministry serves individuals experiencing life’s challenges with confidential, compassionate, and Christian care.
Stephen Ministers are specially trained lay persons who offer distinctively Christian care through a listening ministry. Stephen Ministers receive 50 hours of training before being commissioned by the congregation. Stephen Ministers are paired one-on-one with persons who wish to talk confidentially about suffering related to various experiences of loss, broken relationships, or grief. Stephen Ministers are the “After People.” They are ready to come alongside you or others in our church family or beyond to provide comfort and support for as long after as needed. Stephen Ministers are there after:
· The phone call you hoped you never get
· The divorce papers are served and the bottom falls out of your life
· The funeral after everyone has left and the emotions you’ve held at bay come crashing in on you
· The doctor says, “I’m sorry, but there’s nothing more we can do”
· The nursing home director shakes your hand and says, “Welcome to your new home”
· The last child honks the horn, waves, and drives away, and the house seems suddenly empty
· The gavel does down, the handcuffs go on, and your loved one is led away
· The baby arrives, demanding more of you than you ever dreamed possible
· You find a pink slip with your final paycheck
· Your family and friends have heard your story one too many times, but you still need to talk
Serving as a Stephen Minister
To inquire about serving as a Stephen Minister, indicate on the attached sheet or email your interest to Pastor Loida (email@example.com).
How to speak with a Stephen Minister
To receive care from a Stephen Minister, please contact the church office. Your call or email will be confidential.